Corporate Social Responsibility
‘Talent is everywhere but opportunity is not.’
This is a pressing issue in our society and our mission, with our partners at BigCause is to support young people who need it most to improve their chances in life.
We don’t believe this is best achieved through sweeping, generic provision for the masses but via personalised attention that can be delivered with precision.
We unlock talent and impact in the UK with a unique combination of bespoke profiles using the Young People Index® and the transformative experience of Project Thrive or the tutoring with heart of BigCause.
We asked hundreds of businesspeople the following question – When recruiting young people into their first role, which of the most common skills gaps do you notice? This was the feedback:
More statistics include:
- Students from deprived areas who don’t believe they have the skills to succeed in a professional career 84% 84%
- CEOs who see the lack of availability of key skills as the biggest threat to their business 77% 77%
- Employers who said that new apprentices and graduates were not adequately prepared for the world of work 60% 60%
- Students who admit to struggling with feelings of anxiety 88% 88%
- Professional roles that are still filled with people from ‘better-off’ backgrounds 80% 80%
The mission is to reach young people aged 13 – 18 living in areas that have been identified as having low social mobility. These are individuals with significant barriers to success through no fault of their own and who lack access to the support available to many of their more affluent peers.
We support them to develop self-knowledge, self-empowerment and self-leadership to become work-ready and make their greatest impact.
We partner with businesses nationwide from all types of industries and sizes. The common link is a commitment to support young people in their development and future impact at work. Find out more here.